Detroit, Michigan Climate & Temperature
- Detroit, Michigan, Usa is at 42°14'N, 83°19'W, 202 m (663 ft). See map.
- Detroit, Michigan has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, hot summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Detroit, Michigan is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 9.2 degrees Celsius (48.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 27.5 °C (49.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 0.5°C (33°F) on average falling to -7.7°C (18.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 14°C (57.3°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2.8°C (37°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.3°C (81.2°F) and average low temperatures are 15°C (59.1°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 16.2°C (61.2°F) during the day and lows of 5.5°C (41.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 828.5 mm (32.6 inches) which is equivalent to 828.5 Litres/m² (20.32 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2338 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Detroit, Michigan you would come out nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Detroit, Michigan Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Detroit, Michigan Climate Graph in Metric Units
Detroit, Michigan Climograph in English Units
Climate of Detroit, Michigan, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Owosso, Mi, Usa - 109.5 kms (68 miles) NW
- Flint/ Bishop, Mi, Usa - 88.4 kms (54.9 miles) NNW
- Adrian Ne, Mi, Usa - 60.8 kms (37.8 miles) WSW
- Ann Arbor, Mi, Usa - 60.8 kms (37.8 miles) WSW
- Toledo/ Express, Oh, Usa - 80.3 kms (49.9 miles) SSW
- Wauseon, Oh, Usa - 101.3 kms (63 miles) SW
- Napoleon, Nd, Usa - 114.3 kms (71 miles) SW
- Napoleon, Oh, Usa - 114.3 kms (71 miles) SW
- Mount Clemens Ang Base, Mi, Usa - 89.5 kms (55.6 miles) NNE
- Windsor, On, Canada - 31.4 kms (19.5 miles) E
- Harrow, On, Canada - 42.3 kms (26.3 miles) ESE
- Norwalk, Oh, Usa - 125.2 kms (77.8 miles) SSE
- Tiffin, Oh, Usa - 125.1 kms (77.7 miles) S