Weather in January in Detroit, Michigan
|| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Min/ Low Temperature °C ( °F)
|Normal Precipitation mm (in)
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Mean Sunlight Hours/ Day
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Percentage of Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
- Overnight temperatures are generally cold with an average low of -9.1 °C (15.6 °F).
- The weather in January is a little parched with occasional snow. A mere 44.7mm (1.8in) of liquid is deposited during on average 13 days.
- The average temperature in Detroit, Michigan is cold at -5.1 °C ( 22.82 °F).
- The shortest day is 9:08 long and the longest day is 9:54 long with an average length of 9:28.
- The mean diurnal temperature variation/ range in January is 8.2 °C (14.8 °F).
- It is sunny approximately 30.2% of daylight hours and cloudy 69.8% of daylight hours.
- There are approximately 6:29 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- Afternoons can be slightly cold with average high temperatures reaching -0.9 °C (30.4 °F).
- The skies in Detroit, Michigan are gloomy having an average of a trifling 2:48 of dazzling solar radiation daily.
Weather Trend Graph for January in Detroit, Michigan, usa
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Detroit, Michigan:
- Owosso, Mi, Usa - 109.5 kms (68 miles) NW
- Flint/ Bishop, Mi, Usa - 88.4 kms (54.9 miles) NNW
- Adrian Ne, Mi, Usa - 60.8 kms (37.8 miles) WSW
- Ann Arbor, Mi, Usa - 60.8 kms (37.8 miles) WSW
- Toledo/ Express, Oh, Usa - 80.3 kms (49.9 miles) SSW
- Wauseon, Oh, Usa - 101.3 kms (63 miles) SW
- Napoleon, Nd, Usa - 114.3 kms (71 miles) SW
- Napoleon, Oh, Usa - 114.3 kms (71 miles) SW
- Mount Clemens Ang Base, Mi, Usa - 89.5 kms (55.6 miles) NNE
- Windsor, On, Canada - 31.4 kms (19.5 miles) E
- Harrow, On, Canada - 42.3 kms (26.3 miles) ESE
- Norwalk, Oh, Usa - 125.2 kms (77.8 miles) SSE
- Tiffin, Oh, Usa - 125.1 kms (77.7 miles) S